Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pie Crust Update

What a task!! Or mess!!

The KitchenAid Artesian wasn't big enough. I had to divide the dough in 1/2 and go from there.
I also ended up adding about 1 cup more of flour. The dough was just too creamy without it.

I did get 20) 7.5 oz balls out of this batch. I have 19 of them flash freezing in the freezer. I kept one out to make a pie with.

- The dough did roll out, but not as nicely as I would like. It was sticky. I ended up putting the dough in the pie plate and pushing it out from the middle with my hands.
- I used a 9 inch regular depth pie pan. I think next time I make the dough, I will do 9 oz balls. The 7.5 oz wasn't quite enough. I like a little bit more dough to work with.

All in all, an easy recipe, and it could save a lot of time. At .29 for each ball of dough, I can't really complain. Plus, in looking at the dough, it will be flakey enough to use for a pot pie recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment